Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2016 In Review: A Collection of Favorite Lists

Everything’s better with some wine in the belly.”
--Tyrion (Game of Thrones)

At the end of each year, I compile a number of lists of my Favorites of the past year: the top wines, restaurants, foods, cocktails, spirits, and more. These summary posts help my readers more easily find my favorites of the past year, rather than skimming through hundreds of posts on their own. I also enjoy compiling these lists as it enables me to scan over my blog for the past year, to relive many pleasant memories of the food and drinks which most pleased me.

In September, I wrote my 4000th blog post, which averages out to about 1 blog post per day for nearly 11 years, and in November, I celebrated the 11th anniversary of my food & drink blogging. I haven't blogged every day, but have made multiple blog posts on other days, so it averages out to nearly one each day. What a long and delicious journey it has been. I certainly never thought initially that my blog would last this long.

My Favorite lists do not necessarily address the "Best" of anything, as I have not partaken of everything in any category so cannot pass such judgments. However, every item on these lists gets my strongest recommendations and I have faith that they should strongly appeal to most of my readers. Kudos go to all of those who are listed in my Favorites as they have well earned the accolades.

This post collects links to all of my 2016 Favorite lists.

I hope you enjoy!

It’s not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it if it were easy.”
--Tyrion (Game of Thrones)

2016: Top Ten Wines Under $15

2016: Top Ten Wines Over $15

2016: Top Wines Over $50

2016: Favorite Wine Related Items

2016: Favorite Spirits, Cocktails & Drink Related Items

2016: Favorite Restaurant Dishes

2016: Favorite Restaurants & My Top 50

2016: Favorite Food-Related Items

That’s what I do: I drink and I know things.”
--Tyrion (Game of Thrones)

No comments: