Wednesday, June 4, 2008

And The Winner Is....

In honor of the First Anniversary of A Passionate Foodie, I held a Special Contest to reward my readers. The Grand Prize is a $100 gift certificate for food or wine.

To enter the Contest, you just had to add a Comment here with your name and email address. But, you could also answer ten Quiz questions to gain extra Entry tickets. And the first person to answer all Ten correctly received three bonus Entry tickets.

Here are the Quiz questions, with the correct answers.

1. In city and state is Turtle Creek Winery located? Lincoln, MA
2. What is the name of the tour company I used for my trip to Spain? Cellar Tours
3. What does the word "Hoshiusagi" mean in English? Star Rabbit
4. What is the name of the all-Spanish wine store in the East Village in New York City? Tinto Fino
5. What is the title of my first ever post on A Passionate Foodie? Which Wines Should You Drink
6. What is the name of the only wine from Luxembourg I have reviewed? 2006 Clos des Rochers Auxerrois
7. Which auction house is now running wine auctions in Boston? Skinner
8. What is the name of the new Brazilian Cachaca created by two men from Boston? Beija
9. What is the name of the newspaper for which I write a weekly food/wine column? The Stoneham Sun
10. What was my favorite food/wine movie of 2007? Ratatouille


Jen of Northwest Wine Blog was the first person to submit a correct set of answers so she won the 3 free Entry tickets. Out of everyone else who answered the Quiz questions, there were only two wrong answers, and both on question #5. In the end, there were a total of 81 Entry Tickets.


And The Winner Is.....Russ of Winehiker Witiculture & California Wine Hikes. Big congratulations to Russ!


Many thanks to everyone else who entered the contest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Richard, yours was a great contest because it got people actively reading your blog. I know I came away a bit wiser - and richer for the experience!