Friday, July 27, 2007

Snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodles! One of my fav0rite cookies and my favorite place to get them is the Quebrada Baking Co. I had the opportunity to visit that bakery yesterday in Wellesley and bought a batch of their Snickerdoodles.

Their Snickerdoodles have a hard perimeter but the inside is soft and chewy. They have a dusting of sugar and cinnamon on top. They are simply delicious. I really like the softness of the interior of the cookie. They cost $10 a pound so they are not cheap but they are a superior product.

What is the origin of Snickerdoodles? You would think that with a strange name like that you could easily find its origin. Not so. No one seems to know where it came from. Some food historians think it originated in New England in the 19th century. Others think it came from England or Germany. Whatever their origin, they are tasty.

I was only aware of their Wellesley location but when I checked their website, I found they also have an Arlington location. I will have to check it out.

Besides Snickerdoodles, they have many other baked goods including muffins, scones, breads, croissants and more. You can see their menu online.

Quebrada Baking Co.
Two locations

272 Washington St.
Wellesley, MA
Phone: (781) 237-2111

208 Mass Ave.
Arlington, MA
Phone: (781) 648-0700

No comments: