Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mineno Hakubai

With its blue bottle and silver label, the Mineno Hakubai ("White Blossom on the Hill") Junmai Ginjo Sake ($32) presents an appealing Sake. This was the last of my recent Sake purchases from Astor Wine & Spirits. (Which gives me an excuse to go back to NYC and Astor for another wine buying trip.) Astor states this Sake is one of their most sushi-friendly Sakes. I though drank this Sake alone.

I enjoyed this Sake but it was not one of my favorites. It was a pleasant drink, with some citrus and almost licorice notes. The finish was a bit short. It was a well balanced Sake and relatively smooth. But, there was nothing that really stood out for me. Though you will likely enjoy this sake, it is not one that you will feel is top notch.

So, for me, this is a Drink but not Buy.

No comments: