Friday, May 11, 2007

All Star Sandwich Bar

(Originally posted 11/28/06)

All Star Sandwich Bar is a relatively new restaurant. There was a lot of buzz about this restaurant when it first opened but that has died down though there are still some who really enjoy it. It was supposed to be a place that specialized in excellent sandwiches. They have made a significant change since they first opened, cutting down the number of sandwiches they offer, making many of them specials instead of regular items.

I wanted to check the place out and finally did so on Monday. I ordered the Beef on Weck, a sandwich I had read many good things about. This is a roast beed sandwich on a bulkie roll that has sea salt and carroway seeds on top. This was an average sandwich, nothing special. It was not overly stuffed with beef and the beef was nothing special. And at $9.25, this sandwich is overpriced, especially as the only thing you get with it is a pickle. I would not order it again.

I did have a pile of fries topped with melted Jack cheese and that was very good, and reasonably priced at $4.50. The fries were nice and crisp, and there was plenty of melted cheese. This is definitely worth ordering.

Overall, I think the sandwiches may be overpriced. I will not rush back here.

All Star Sandwich Bar
1245 Cambridge St.
Cambridge, MA
Phone: (617) 868-3065

No comments: