Wednesday, May 30, 2007

2006 Craftsman Pinot Noir Rose



With the warm weather, a chilled Rose can be quite refreshing. This evening, I opened a bottle of 2006 Craftsman Pinot Noir Rose from Hungary ($10). Hungary is a lesser known wine region but I have had a couple good wines from there, including this Rose.


This wine is a rich pink color with an abundance of fruit flavors, noticeably strawberry. It is a bit sweeter than the last Rose I reviewed, but still is very crisp and the sweetness is far from cloying. The finish is not overly long but it is a refreshing wine, light and flavorful. It is a good value Rose and I recommend it as a Drink & Buy.

2 comments:

Dr. Debs said...

Hi, Richard. This is my first visit to your site, but it won't be my last. Great job.

I was intrigued to read this post, since I've had the Craftsman "Woodman's White" which I thought was a great value at $3.99. I'll look for this one, too.

Richard Auffrey said...

Thanks for the compliment. I have seen some of your posts over at Catavino.

I love trying wines from different countries, especially those off the beaten path. I think you can find some good values in such wines.